TengokuXJigokuTengokuXJigoku

Main Movies Favorites Reviews Stats

MindFeed MindFeed

Uhhh.

It was great, actually, loved the wit, but there seems to be something wrong with the statement, "well i guess your not as dumb after all..."
Also, I loved the text, but I think there's actually a plug-in for Flash that does that for you, but I could be mistaken.
Anyway, you did great, and I love the minimalistic take on it! Keep it up!

K-Guare responds:

Yeah, i finally found a way to do that with actionscript,
thanks for the reference though. :]
Glad you liked it :D

Flash Critical Beats Flash Critical Beats

Hm.

Man, I don't know what everyone's talking about; I, for one, loved this game, it's better than all those other Rock-Out games (you have my vote, at least), because, let's face it, the others have the one thing really going for all of them: some cheap imitation of Guitar Hero.
I've never played this game, by the way, this Elite Beat Agents...in fact, I don't even own a Nintendo DS (nor do I support Nintendo in any way, after Super Mario Sunshine...ick. Morals.), and maybe that's why I found this game so much fun, especially the last song.
From what I hear, though, it's supposed to have some kooky graphics in the background, and, just to piss you off, I'll say it, too. This game would be better with them (don't feel bad, though, I believe I'm empathetic your situation...).
The beats, from what I can see, are a little off, but that's just because I've been a percussionist all my life, and we pick up on the slightest things in the world. I didn't find it nothing to be too stressed out about, like some people on here, and I know how hard it is to match up a tempo of 120+ with only 24 (or 12, or whatever) frames/sec, so I'm empathetic about that, as well.
I do hope you'll release a full-er one, use this as a beta or something, and build on it. I had a blast with it, for the ten-or-so minutes I played (the songs are a bit repetitive).
If I were to suggest anything, I'd say J-pop or J-rock (just because it seems so fitting, although I understand the confusion over the music), and, seeing how it's already "stealing" ideas, as one so eloquently wrote earlier, if you really felt like adding background animation, just take a few sprite videos and toss 'em all together for the backgrounds.

XceeD responds:

Thanks a lot for the review.
I do agree with you with the graphics in the background and all but I can't draw it xD. Next time, I'll ask my friend to help out.
This one is basically a beta because I didn't release it to see the comments that everyone had. In the next release, I'll be sure to add more songs and stuff. I especially like J-pop and J-rock so I would put those there.
Well, I'm glad that you liked playing it :D!

SousaPalooza SousaPalooza

Probably one of the most...

Unique games I've ever played (aside from Gallant Seventh). Sure, the lack of a "powerup shop" or something like that is a bit downsizing, but to base a shooting game around Sousa is...I lack an adjective to describe it.
Although, Tuba really isn't my instrument. It's...a bit towering.

Crazy Ball! Crazy Ball!

Fun for a bit.

I like the fact that it features three different kind of games to play, although I'm...all alone, so I guess two games.
After a while, though, it got really old doing the same thing over and over again, and the speeding up just got you more and more frustrated.

Jewel of Atlantis Jewel of Atlantis

Great.

For anyone with the idea that, "hey! This game's just like a few others!" I ask you: "who cares? It probably is the same. It's a flash game, though, unlike Bejeweled, so shove it."
I thought the music was awesome. Speaking of which, where could I get it from?
The gameplay was really good, and if I wasn't dead-poor, I'd be the full version.